Basketball in Japan


So I've seen one outdoor basketball court in all my travels around Tokyo. I've also looked online and found two groups that cost like $20 USD to buy gym time and play "for fun" in a 5 on 5 game for one night. Pretty crazy huh? So I decided to see a professional basketball game instead. Hilarious:




The girls with the mascots of the Tokyo Apache.


Kind of empty.


Obviously, the team's biggest fan.


The cheerleaders! Didn't you expect more of them to be Japanese?


The hair whip.


The camera zoomed in on its own, I swear.


Slingshotting free t-shirts. They could've easily reached the top row.


The court could've used a little TLC before their first home game.


They later peeled off all of the paint.


The Yoyogi National Gymnasium is known architecturally for its suspension roof design.


You'll never see these outfits at basketball games back in the states!


See you next time! Maybe basketball will be more popular here by then.

Comments